Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Chunky wool experience.

I attended New England Fiber Festival last weekend and it was as always a lot of fun. It is off course all about fibers and there was plenty of that. In all shapes and forms from "still on the lama or sheep" to the most amazing yarns you could think of. 
I have for a long time wanted to try to make something out of the very chunky yarn that I have seen on blogs and websites.

I visited Silver Oak Farms booth and found this. 



 Unfortunately the picture doesn't give the wool credit it looks very brown here, but it is actually a very nice shade of grey.
My initial idea was to make a soft and durable rug, but even though I had about 90 yards, it would only make me a very little rug, so I decided on a basket for my ongoing knitting and crochet projects.
Started out while I was preparing dinner last night and finished less than 11/2 later. 


It works up very quickly as you can see. I used a 20 mm crochet hook.





 And here is the finished project after I steamed it last night.



Wish I had enough for a chunky afghan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment