Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and it is a happy one!

At 9.14 am this morning I finished my last radiation treatment in a row of 33! I have the doctors words for,that I now, after 31/2 months of mammograms, doctors visits, biopsy's, surgery and finally the radiation, that I am cured. I know that in other countries they never tell you, that you are cured, but my surgeon here did and I have decided, that I might as well believe in that.  What have I to lose?
So today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am very happy.


My favorite summer flower.
Why am I telling you this?  My daughter said a couple of weeks back, "Mom why don't you share some of all your "ups and downs" in relation to all the things you have experienced in your life?"  We discussed that a little and I decided, that maybe I did have something to say about living in different countries, getting to know people and their culture, experience from a health system very different to the one i originally come from, emotions that come along when you read in an e-mail from well meaning officials that you now have a very serious condition...... and then off course my creative adventures, that is very very close to my heart.

So in the year, where I stepped into a new and scary decade. Am now past the first half century! And with a new spring in my step as I and we, as my whole family and good friends, helped me through this not very exciting period of my life, I will try to send my little comments out in blog land from time to time. How often? I am not really sure. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment